Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Aprons!

 So a while ago I decided that over the break I would make something cute to give to my roomies for Christmas (yes I know it'll be a little late) but they are so wonderful and I have ALL this extra time! I simply don't know what to do with myself. I decided on sewing aprons! We are all fab cooks and besides who doesn't love a cute apron?

I don't sew. BUT, I am trying my best. Betsy sews the cutest things so I asked here for some guidance. Her adorable aprons are at an intermediate level for sure, but maybe someday I can try. Yesterday my mom and I went to Joanns to pick fabric (I took FOREVER to decide) and then the craziness began. I got my sewing machine when I was 15 from my grandma and never really mastered how to use it.


          I stared at this for 5 hours today...



My bobin kept falling out and the needle was getting stuck in the fabric. The binding around the edges was impossibly small and I kept getting these unwanted gaps in my apron! Grrrrr! Sewing requires a whole different kind of patience. The seam ripper is my best friend. Today was much better needless to say. I ironed the fabric for the straps. Ironing I can do! We got wider binding for the edges and these aprons are looking  SO cute! I'm no pro that's for sure but I'm okay with that. I'll stick to the simple stuff first. Aprons today, Quilts tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Quilts? That's ambitious Heather you go baby cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job on the aprons! They turned out to be very adorable. Now I need a cute apron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cracked me up to read my name as Betsy just because you always call me sister carlile! HAHA!! Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete